Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February Art Journal

Today, I'm sharing a couple of pages from my Art Journal that I made for Practical Scrappers.  This months theme for Practical Scrappers Art Journal is a quote from Vincent Van Gogh "The way to love life, is to love many things" and here's my take on it.
I started out with a thin layer of gesso on both of my pages.  Then I took a damask stencil and molding paste for texture and dimension.  Then I layed down some color - I was using Goldens Fluid Acrylic in Nickel Azo Gold, I also used some Tim Holtz Distress Paint in Peeled Paint, Walnut Stain, and Evergreen Bough. The color in the pictures didn't translate very well but, in person it looks like a rusted stucco wall that has been patina with a damask print.
 After all of the paint and molding paste had dried really well, I started stamping using several Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous stamps.  The ink colors that I was using was Rangers Archival Ink in Sap Green, Jet Black, and Potting Soil.
 I used it the Evergreen Bough Distress Paint in just a few spots of the damask molding paste, I wanted it to look patina.
I hope you enjoyed my art journal pages, now head on over to the Practical Scrappers blog to see what the other design team members did with their art journals.  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment