Thursday, April 24, 2014

Practical Scrappers - Scrap Your Stash Blog Hop

Hi everyone and welcome to this months Scrap Your Stash Blog Hop hosted by Practical Scrappers!  I am loving that spring is finally here and the grass is getting green and the flowers are starting to bloom...what could be better!  For this blog hop I was thinking of just that, spring and flowers!  You should have made it here from the fabulous Erin's blog, if you are playing in order.  This month I wanted to use some more of my Crate Paper stash, y'all know this is one of my favorite companies so I need to whittle down my stash :)
This particular Crate Paper is the first Maggie Holmes collection.  I used several different different snippets of paper from the collection itself.  I shaded all of the edges with walnut stain distress ink.  I distressed all of the edges of the paper with a bone folder and did some sewing.  You know my pages just aren't complete without a few studio calico wood veneers :) I also used some Mr. Huey color mist sprays in opaque white, classic tan and splash.  I punched a few shapes out with some of my Martha Stewart punches and put them in a small glassine envelope.


If you're wondering about the photo that I used, it's a floral picture from my flower garden and an iPhone/iPad app called Rhonna Designs.  I believe the app also works for android-based phones as well.  You can really do a lot of fun things to your photos for not a lot of $$$.  I hope you enjoyed my layout, let me know what you think, I love your comments!  Thanks for stopping by and we'll see you next time!  Next on the blog hop list is the very talented Wendi, happy hopping!!!







Here is a full list of all our Practical Scrappers Blog Hoppers!


Monica Bradford http://scrapinspired.com
Wendy Coffman: www.stampingrules.com
Bobbi Smith: http://vintagemusedesigns.blogspot.com/ *you are here*

14 comments:

  1. This is a really gorgeous layout Bobbi! I loved the way you have text on your photo and love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a gorgeous page!! LOVE this line and you totally rocked it!! fun lil tags in the corner, great job working those embellies!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendi, I always have so much fun with it!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful layout--I like the use of the wood veneer pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page! Love all of the stitching, layering and details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Brenda, I really appreciate that!

      Delete
  5. Lovely page - especially the embellishment cluster lower right!
    I peeked around the blog and have to say your Gr. 45 audition was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked how you made your floral photo into such an eye catching piece with that app. Great idea and fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am new to crafting and would love to win

    ReplyDelete