Sunday, September 7, 2014

Exciting News...A New Journey!

Hi everyone, I've got exciting news!  I have been invited to join the Inspiration Emporium Design Team!  Words can not describe how excited I am, what an honor, it is going to be a wonderful and exciting journey!  They have an incredibly talented design team, I would love it if you would stop on over at the Inspiration Journal and give them a warm welcome, you will find new and current team members.  "Fall is in the Air" that is September's theme Challenge over at the Inspiration Journal  you can enter fall themed projects and one lucky winner will be given a very generous $50 gift credit, to spend at Inspiration Emporium.   I decided to do a fall themed tag as my project.   I love fall it's my favorite season, hot apple cider, carving pumpkins, hay rides and the COLORS,  what's not to love!
 I started out laying down color from some of the brown distress stains on my nonstick craft sheet,  misting with water and then picking up the color on a plain #8 manila tag. Using a heat tool to dry the wet color on the tag.   Continue to pick up the color to achieve splotches, drying as you go along.   Stamp woodgrain with walnut stain distress ink onto tag.   Cut a 5 x 5.5" piece of manila card stock.   Laydown colors of your choice of distress stains onto nonstick craft sheet for your leaves.  Mist with water, then pick up the color onto plain manila card stock,  dry with heat tool.  Continue to pick up the color to achieve splotches and dry with heat tool.  Cut out Kraft Glassine and colored leaves  using the Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves die.  Attach some sticky back canvas to a piece of manila card stock and stamp the acorn two times with jet black archival ink.  Cut the whole acorn out of the first image and then just the top out of the second image.  Shade with walnut stain distress ink and an ink blending tool.  Layer the top of acorn with foam adhesive.   Shade all paper pieces with walnut distress ink and blending tool.   Dye some crinkle ribbon with distress stains,  after dried tie into a bow.  Bend and wrinkle leaves to achieve a more realistic look.   Glue everything in place with some strong adhesive.  I hope you've enjoyed my tag, you can find all the products that I used and more at Inspiration Emporium!  Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you next time!



4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Way to go Bobbi! They are lucky to have such a talented designer like you! ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Welcome to The Team ! Awesome tag too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love that woodgrain background! It looks so realistic! Congratulations on being chosen to join the team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone for all your wonderful comments, I truly appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete