Friday, October 30, 2015

All Halloween...

Hello friends!  Happy Halloween Eve to you!  I'm looking forward to seeing all the cute little ghouls and ghosts (trick-or-treaters) that will be visiting tonight!  Today I'm sharing my last halloween craft of the season.  I've had so much fun creating with this cat from the Sizzix Tim Holtz Hocus Pocus Bigz die.  This is also a design team project for Inspiration Emporium.  I hope you can stop by and take a peek at all the great inspiration my team mates have created over at the Inspiration Journal!
 I don't have a full tutorial today but here's a few pics for you.  It still amazes me what you can do with a little paint, stencils, stamps and ink!
 For this super fun background, I just sponged some color with the chevron stencil onto watercolor cardstock.  Then did some stamping, splattering and distressing to the watercolor cardstock.
 I used some ephemera from the frightful pack and some of the curiosities remnant rubs.
 I die cut the leaves, branches and cat, then distressed everything and layered it up.  I'm sorry to say, that since I created this fun card the cat die has been retired from the Tim Holtz Sizzix Collection.  However, I think you could replace it with just about any Halloween image and it would be just as fun!
That wraps it up for me, I hope you enjoyed todays project!  Have a spooktacular day!  As always thanks for stopping by and I'll see you next time!

Bobbi


4 comments:

  1. Love that stencil it makes for a striking backdrop and I love the cat as the focal point. Great Halloween piece. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. really fun piece Bobbi! the background is great - the the stencil! and the Kraft-core cat is wonderful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete